© Palais des congrès de Montréal
The Montréal conference centre (Le Palais des congrès de Montréal) has a fully detailed plan on how to move forward to create safe and meaningful meetings. See their full strategy, called PROGRESS, which includes some of these thorough measures.
- Authorized events—seated, whether indoors or outdoors—are limited to a maximum of 250 people per room
- All events at the Palais will enjoy a centralized system, at no extra charge, for greeting participants and visitors the moment they arrive, complete with check points and health measures.
- Event areas will be limited solely to visitors who will have been accredited and checked.
- Staggered arrival times for different events held simultaneously.
- Control of line ups to respect physical distance. Encourage one-way traffic regarding entrances and exits.
- Organizers must limit movement of participants, prohibit exchange of materials, and prioritise returning to the same seat.
- For merchandise sales kiosks, promote online sales with an on-site pickup option. If possible, only workers can touch merchandise.
- Guests encouraged to bring their own bottle. Water-refill stations on-site.
- Food and beverage service can be done inside or outside the meeting room, avoiding gatherings. Buffets are allowed only if an employee is serving the food and the food is protected from the clients with plexiglass. Eating and drinking only permitted while seated.
- All external suppliers (AV, florists, entertainers, decorators, etc.) who participate in the meeting or event must respect hotel safety guidelines, which might include wearing a mask and eye protection.