Until further notice, gatherings are not permitted for social or businesses purposes. However, convention centre clients can create digital content and host virtual events using the Palais Média Propulsion studio. Once the current measures are lifted, the following protocol will apply.
The Montréal conference centre (Le Palais des congrès de Montréal) has a fully detailed plan on how to move forward to create safe and meaningful meetings. See their full strategy, called PROGRESS, which includes some of these thorough measures.
- All events at the Palais will enjoy a centralized system, at no extra charge, for greeting participants and visitors the moment they arrive, complete with check points and health measures.
- Event areas will be limited solely to visitors who will have been accredited and checked.
- Staggered arrival times for different events held simultaneously.
- Palais staff who will be in contact with users will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) where warranted by their roles and duties, as per the directives of the province’s public health agency and workplace safety board.
- All employees will receive mandatory training on recommended PPE usage.
- The Palais will work with organizers to facilitate the implementation of contactless services, such as electronic tickets and nametags printable at home.
- Floor and wall markers (stickers, lines, cones, wood barriers) in sensitive areas, indicating the two-metre social distance to be maintained.
- New menus adapted to the situation, but as flavourful and as comforting as ever.